You didn’t think I would let Mothers Day go by without a recipe to share with you did you? Of course I wouldn’t! If you really want to show your amazing mum how special she is then you should definitely whip up a batch of these deliciously raw salted caramel pecan brownies.
My mum absolutely LOVES Pecan flavoured desserts so these raw brownies are the perfect way to show her home much she means to me. Me and my mum are like two peas in a pod and she is literally the most supportive mum in the world. I would be completely lost without her! I’ve always been a bit of a skepticism for days like mothers day as I am a believer in showing your loved ones how much you love them every day, but as I’ve gotten older I realise just how busy life can get, I do like having a gentle reminder now and again to tell mum how much I love her!
Now I must warn you there is a risk that if you make these, you won’t necessarily be able to give them to mum as you might have eaten them all – they are that good!! These raw brownies are nutty a chocolatey with a deliciously sweet and salty caramel layer sandwiched between them and layered on top. This winning combination makes them pretty much irresistible.
If you’ve decided to make these tasty treats as a treat for yourself after mothers day then I certainly encourage you to do so!! They are refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, raw, vegetarian, and paleo (Phew!) and provide a big dose of protein and healthy fats (perfect a sweet 4pm pick my up). I love making a big batch of these and freezing them so I can grab one whenever I want – You can eat them straight from the freezer, no need to defrost!
These really are a ridiculously easy treat to make, but look and taste so much more impressive making them perfect to surprise mum with this mothers day!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Raw Salted Caramel Pecans Brownie Slice
Serves: 12 Time: 20-25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Raw Salted Caramel Pecan Brownie Slices
- 100g Almonds
- 200g of Pecans
- 4 Tbsp of Cacao Powder
- 130g of Pitted Dates
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 130g of Pitted Dates
- 3 Tbsp of Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp of Almond Butter
- Large Pinch of Salt
- Add the almonds, cacao powder, dates, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt to a food processor along with 125g of the pecans. Blend on high until it becomes sticky and well mixed.
- Of the remaining pecans, keep 12 whole ones to one side, and add what’s left to the food processor. Pulse quickly for a few seconds so the pecans are blended through the mixture but in fairly large chunks.
- Press the mixture into a lined tin (30cmx20cm) ensuring it’s even and goes all the way to the edges. Place in the freezer.
- Make the Salted Caramel layer by placing all the ingredients in the food processor (no need to clean it out) and blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and cut in half width ways. Smooth ½ the caramel over one of the brownie slices and then place the other on top.
- Smooth the remaining caramel over the top of the brownie and top with the 12 reserved pecans.
- Place in the freezer for around 30 minutes until set. They can then be stored in the fridge for a few weeks or keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.