Any body who knows me will know my love for halloumi!! Although I try to limit my cheese intake it really is one of my favourite foods, and halloumi is up there as one of my favourites!! I thought it was therefore about time I shared with you a halloumi recipe. This is some seriously tasty Halloumi & Courgette Mini Frittatas.
These mini frittatas are such a treat in the morning and are a perfect protein hit in the morning. Their also a brilliant way of getting some hidden veggies in your breakfast in the morning. The halloumi adds a slightly salty hint and that signature halloumi texture but just that little bit creamier.
This breakfast is also brilliant on the go. You can make them and keep for a couple of days in the fridge if you need a quick go to breakfast. Which is perfect for a busy life-style or post workout. Their also super easy which makes them also perfect for a busy life.
Halloumi & Courgette Mini Frittatas
Serves: 2-6* Time: 30-35 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 100g of Halloumi (Grated)
- 1 Courgette (Grated)
- 1 Whole Egg + 1 Egg White (Whisked)
- Juice & Zest of ½ a Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ Tsp of Chilli Flakes
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and line a deep muffin tin with 6 cases.
- Combine the halloumi & courgette in a bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and chilli flakes.
- Add the egg mixture to the halloumi and courgette and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 cases and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
*Serves 2 as a breakfast or 6 as snack size.