Pancake day is fast approaching and a sweet pancake is my absolute favourite, however I have been seriously neglecting the savoury pancakes, until now! If you’re looking for a savoury option for pancake day and are a fan on Indian food then these Buckwheat Crepes (with Chickpea & Lentil Dahl filling) are definitely for you.
These buckwheat crepes have way more flavour than your average crepes and are a little bit nutty and a slightly roasted flavour. They are also ridiculously easy especially if you have a good non-stick pan.
You can also fill them with what ever you like. They work with both sweet or savoury filling (I think I am more team savoury with these though). If you’re looking for some inspiration then my Chickpea & Lentil Dahl (recipe link below) is a perfect filling (especially with some mint yogurt dressing!).
Happy Pancake Day!
Serves: 1 Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tbsp of Almond Milk
- 35g of Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Tsp of Coconut Oil
- Whisk together the egg and almond milk before mixing in the buckwheat flour.
- Whisk until smooth and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat half the coconut oil in a fairly large, non-stick pan. Add half the mixture and spread thinly around the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes until set on top and use a spatula to flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the other half of the mixture and fill with your favourite filling.*
* Why not try my Chickpea and Lentil Dahl with mint dressing?