There are occasionally moments in life where we simply have to blow our own trumpets and this is one of them; because this skillet cookie is literally an absolute dream! It is quite literally the perfect thing to eat this valentines day. Whether you share it with a loved one, make a big skillet worth to share on girls night, or enjoy the warm cookie goodness all to yourself, this dessert with have anybody drooling over how good it is. This is my new favourite – Raspberry & Chocolate Cookie Skillet.
This is literally the perfect dessert for Valentines day. Essentially it ticks all categories.
- If your spending Valentines day with a loved one – Then are there really many dessert more romantic than sharing a giant warm cookie?
- If your spending Valentines day with the girls – Then is there any desserts more sociable than a giant warm cookie?
- If your spending Valentines day alone celebrating being a completely fabulous independent person – Then is there any dessert more delicious than a giant warm cookie?
This recipe is written for two (it is a romantic holiday after all) but this recipe is easily changeable to suit a single serving or enough for a group of people. And obviously this dessert is so delicious I will still be enjoying it in the middle of September so no need to reserve it just for February the 14th! It is refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy-free, vegan and veggie which means you can share it wit just about any one.
It’s sweet and gooey with little chewy edges and plenty of melted chocolate! The raspberries bites through the sweetness perfectly and adds a romantic little touch to this delicious dessert. It also goes perfectly with my Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream (Because the only thing that can make a giant warm cookie better in slightly melted, creamy ice-cream!)
I cannot stress enough how delicious and easy this dessert is and urge you to make this whether it’s to keep all to your self or share with someone you love. What ever you’re up to this Valentines day I hope yours is full of love! Remember you are fabulous!
Happy Valentines Day!
Raspberry & Chocolate Cookie Skillet
Serves: 2 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 50g of Oats
- 50g of Ground Almonds
- 25g of Coconut Sugar
- ¾ Tsp of Baking Powder
- 30g of Coconut Oil (Melted) (plus extra for greasing)
- 1/3 of a Large Banana (mashed)
- 2 Tbsp of Almond Milk
- ¾ Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 50g of Chocolate (Chopped) (click here for a sugar-free recipe which makes 50g but omit the fruit and nuts)*
- 40g of Raspberries
- Pre-heat an oven to 180°C and lightly oil a 15cm/ 6 inch skillet**
- Place the oats in a food processor and blend until broken down to a fine powder.
- Add the ground almonds, coconut sugar and baking powder and blend.
- Mix the coconut oil, banana, almond milk and vanilla extract in a bowl and add the oat mixture.
- Mix the dough until a slightly wet dough is formed and then fold through all the chocolate and 30g of the raspberries.
- Transfer the mixture to the skillet and top with the remaining raspberries.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on how doughy you want your cookie).
*Alternatively use store bought refined sugar-free chocolate or good quality 70-80% dark chocolate
** Note this recipe will work in a normal lined baking tray as well. You can also use two smaller skillets.