One of my absolute favourite sweet breakfasts is a breakfast crumble! It feels like such a treat for breakfast but essentially it is a delicious way of serving oats and fruit meaning it’s still pretty healthy. I usually make them on a Sunday morning with plenty of greek yogurt and a giant pot of tea in bed. This is one of my favourite versions and the one I probably make the most often. This is my Banana & Blueberry Breakfast Crumble.
I started making breakfast crumbles probably about a year ago, and like I say this is one of my favourites on a Sunday morning. This crumble combination has become one of my favourites to make and came to be because by Sunday morning it’s usually the only fruit left in the house!! But I promise you just because this flavour combo was thrown together due to a lack of other options, it was definitely a happy accident and was definitely a meant to be!
This crumble can also be served as an actual crumble (we’re not breakfast exclusive!) and can be easily multiplied to make a delicious dessert, served with some fabulous banana nice-cream!
As an added bonus to how delicious this breakfast is, it’s also full of healthy benefits. It’s full of slow-releasing energy and healthy fibre. It’s also full of anti-oxidents and if you include the nuts, gives you some healthy fats to help you get through your day. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, vegetarian and vegan (with a nut-free option!) so ticks most boxes!
So enjoy using some simply staples in a new way to give you a delicious and healthy way to start your day (or to end a meal!!)
Banana & Blueberry Breakfast Crumble
Serves: 1 Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 1 Banana (Chopped)
- 100g Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp of Raisins
- ½ Cup of Oats (Gluten-free)
- 8-10 Pecans (Chopped) (Optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the Banana and Blueberries in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for around 5 minutes, stirring often, until the water has reduced and the fruit has broken down (It should be the consistency of a chunky jam).
- Combine all the crumble ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the fruit mixture in the bottom of a individual baking dish and top with the crumble.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.