Are you still looking for a quick, easy and delicious breakfast for Christmas day? Then you are in the right place! My baked oats are still one of my favourite breakfasts, and you lot have loved them too, so I knew I had to find a Christmas version of my go to breakfast. So here is my Christmas Pudding Baked Oats!
I have to admit I’ve never been a lover of Christmas pudding, but I do love so many of the ingredients that go into one. So i’ve taken all the best bits from a Christmas Pudding and put them into a Baked Oats recipe. The result was so tasty and perfect for a cold winters morning.
Christmas can be completely hectic (especially on Christmas morning) and it can be difficult to fit in a breakfast that’s a little bit special but this definitely solves that problem. It’s fruity, cinnamony, oats and a little bit quirky. If you ask me a perfect Christmas time breakfast.
Christmas Pudding Baked Oats
Serves: 1 Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- ½ Cup of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Egg
- ½ Tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp of Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ an Apple (Finely Chopped)
- Zest and Juice of ½ an Orange
- 1 Heaped Tbsp of Dried Fruit (I used Raisins)
- ½ Cup of Oats
- 2 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- 1½ Tbsp of Vanilla Protein Powder (Optional)
- In a bowl mix together the milk, egg, cinnamon, ginger & baking powder.
- Add the apple, orange juice, orange zest, dried fruit and oats and mix until combined.
- Place in the microwave for 5 minutes until cooked through and top has started to go a little crisp. (Alternatively you can cook them in the oven on 180°C for 20 minutes)
- While the oats are cooking mix together the protein powder and greek yogurt.
- Once cooked, run a knife all the way around the side of the oats and turn on to a plate
- Top with the greek yogurt mixture as icing.