Summer has finally arrived!! Schools are out and the sun has finally made an appearance (well some of the time)!! It is officially the season for lying out in the sun, reading trashy books, BBQ’s with friends and family and making mad dashes to the beach at the first sign of a sunny day. Of course each of these activities requires one sunny accessory – A Perfect Cooling Mocktail (but if you add alcohol don’t worry, we won’t tell!!)
Today there’s 3 delicious alcohol-free refreshing and juicy cocktail recipes for the price of 1. Each of them is a little bit different so there is something for every one. We also know that alcohol-free is not for everyone and if this is the case each one can be made from mocktail to cocktail by adding a shot of your favourite spirit.
First up we have ‘Turkish Delight Fizz’. If you like turkish delight you will love this! It’s a strawberry and pomegranate flavoured, turkish delight inspired, iced fizzy concoction with is deliciously refreshing on a hot day. It also looks really sophisticated, pretty and pink in a dainty little glass (Perfect for a girly night in the sun).
Next up we have a healthy, fruity take on a ‘Pina Colada’! Everyones favourite pool side drink has had a healthy makeover. It’s tropical, creamy and delicious; perfect for basking in the sun.
Last but not least we have the refreshing ‘Mango and Raspberry Coconut Water’. I love this combination together and this is by far the easiest cocktail you will ever make. I’ve also made this cocktail with plenty of other fruit combinations so feel free to get creative. This is also ridiculously easy to make in a big bowl to share out at a BBQ.
So whatever your plans for the summer, these mocktail/ cocktail recipes are a perfect summer accessory for any occasion (with mini umbrella’s optional). Their easy, refreshing and downright delicious!
Turkish Delight Fizz
Serves: 2 Time: 15 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ Tsp of Rosewater *
- ½ Cup of Strawberries (Stems removed and Chopped)
- ¼ of a Pomegranate (Fruit removed from skin)
- ¼ of a Lime
- 1 Cup of Soda Water
- 4 Large Ice Cubes
- Add the strawberries, rosewater, ice cubes and the pomegranate seeds (hold back 2 tsp of pomegranate seeds for decoration) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 glasses and squeeze some lime juice into each glass.
- Fill each glass with soda water and sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds over the top of each mocktail.
(Optional Alcohol – Rum)
Healthier Pina Colada
Serves: 2 Time: 5 minutes (+ 1 hour freezing time) Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ Banana (Chopped)
- ½ Pineapple (Chopped)
- 1½ Cups of Coconut Milk (Carton not canned)
- 4-5 Large Ice Cubes
- Place the chopped pineapple in the freezer for at least an hour until relatively frozen.
- Add the banana, frozen pineapple, coconut milk and ice cubes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 2 glasses.
(Optional Alcohol – Rum)
Mango & Raspberry Coconut Water
Serves: 2 Time: 5 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- ½ Mango (Skin Removed & Sliced)
- ½ Cup of Raspberries
- 150ml of Coconut Water (Chilled)
- 150ml of Water (Chilled)
- Combine all ingredients and divide between 2 glasses.
(Optional Alcohol – Gin)