I hope you are ready for one of the best Saturday morning breakfasts of all time! Eggs are always an amazing way to start the day and this sweet twist on a simple omelette is just too tasty!Last week I attended the Goodroots festival in London and got to not only eat plenty of delicious food but also got meet some of the big names in the blogging world and hear their stories and advice! It was such an inspirational day and is the reason behind the totally new look of the website!! I love the new look and hope you like it as much as I do! I have also been cooking NON-STOP! So look forward to plenty of new recipes starting with this amazing omelette!
This recipe was inspired by a Deliciously Ella crumble recipe. Last week I got to meet Ella Woodward (as well as Madeleine Shaw, Olivia Wollenberg, Melissa Hemsley, Sarah Wilson, Naomi Smart & many more (seriously it was an awesome day!!)) and also ate plenty of desserts from the Mae Deli Stand (again awesome day!!). They were soon good and have left me wanting more. This week I held a dinner party and decided to serve her Strawberry & Banana Crumble which was amaze, and the recipe is available on her youtube channel and second book. The strawberry and banana combination was so good and perfect at this
time of year when strawberries and bananas are EVERYWHERE! So this morning I decided I needed this flavour combination again and so this omelette was born.
‘m a big fan of a sweet omelette and decided to adapt my usual recipe slightly to incorporate my new favourite flavour combination (Seriously I can not get enough of ‘Strawnana’ right now (is a couple nickname a step too far?)) Also what isn’t made better by toasted pecans?
If you are looking for a dessert for breakfast that is still super nutritious then this is the way forward! I can not recommend this protein packed sweet breakfast treat enough (I may just have it as my Sunday morning breakfast again tomorrow!!) So go grab some delicious fresh strawberries and gorgeous ripe bananas and get cooking!
Happy Saturday (and potentially Sunday) Breakfast!!
Strawberry & Banana Pecan Omelette
Serves: 1 Time: 15 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- ½ Banana (Sliced)
- 50g of Strawberries (Quartered)
- 2 egg whites + 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp of ground almonds or ground flaxseeds (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp of Greek or Natural Yogurt
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 10g Pumpkin Seeds
- 15g Pecans*
- 1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Protein Powder (Optional)
- Toast the pecans and pumpkins seeds in a pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes until they turn golden (and smell amazing). Place to one side.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg and egg whites, ground almonds, vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp of the greek yogurt.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over a low heat until melted and then add the egg mixture.
- Allow to cook slowly until the mixture is just set (around 3-4 minutes) and then flip and cook for a further couple of minutes until cooked.
- While the omelette is cooking combine the other Tbsp of greek yogurt with the protein powder and mix well.
- Once cooked transfer to a plate, fill with the bananas, strawberries, and your vanilla greek yogurt (or plain greek yogurt). Top with the toasted pecans and pumpkin seeds
* If you are nut-free simply omit the pecans for extra pumpkin seeds