I love Yorkshire Puddings!! These have always been my absolute favourite part of any Roast Dinner. But since I started clean eating I haven’t had a single Yorkshire pudding. I’ve had a couple of dinners but always omitted my previous favourite part. This time however it is CHRISTMAS!! We all need a treat now and again, and let’s be honest Christmas is the time to do it!! I still didn’t want to eat flour though and decided to try and find a Paleo alternative to develop and share with you. Since it is Christmas and I don’t live a completely paleo lifestyle I made mine with butter. But they can be made with Coconut oil if you are strictly Paleo.
The main secret to these is ensuring the butter/oil and baking tin is as warm as possible before adding the mixture. These Yorkshire pudding most definitely filled the void that was in my roast dinner life, and were a brilliant addition to Christmas dinner (or any other roast dinner I would imagine)! Happy Roasting!
Grain-Free Yorkshire Puddings
Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy Time: 20-25 Minutes.
- 1 Egg
- 1/6 Cup of Milk (of Non-dairy alternative such as Almond Milk)
- 1/6 Cup of Arrowroot Powder
- 1¾ Tsp (Melted) + ½ Tsp of Unsalted Butter (Or Coconut oil for Paleo)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C.
- Place the ½ tsp of butter in a metal muffin tin and place in the oven to warm.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, arrowroot powder and 1¾ Tsp of Butter together to make a runny batter.
- Remove the pan with the sizzling butter and divide the mixture between four muffin holes and quickly return to the oven.
- Bake for between 12-15 minutes until puffy and browned.